Master KG & Ndlovu Youth Choir set to perform live at Africa Rising from Robben Island for a free Global Livestream Concert
On Sunday 25th April, ‘Jerusalema’ hitmaker Master KG , and the soul-stirring Ndlovu Youth Choir , will be performing live on Robben Island for Africa Rising and the Live Love non-profit, along with International personality Maps Maponyane as Master of Ceremonies. The performance will be LIVE streamed for free and audiences will have the opportunity to win an exclusive VIP experience at the event on Robben Island by making an online donation of at least R30 per donation, benefiting the music and events industry, and charities in sustainability, education and conservation. The best part is that your donation will assist in making life better for a community in crisis!
Africa Rising brings music and travel to the world by telling beautiful and inspiring African stories through uniquely produced music experiences. These are brought to life by broadcasting live performances by Africa’s biggest artists, set in the most iconic locations on the continent. Through these stories and our platform, we aim to raise money to invest back into the industries decimated during the pandemic, and into African communities that desperately need it.
Master KG is a South African musician and record producer and his album Skeleton Move achieved acclaim including an AFRIMMA Award for Best Artist/Group in the African Electro category. He is also known as the pioneer of “Bolobedu” dance. In 2020, his song “Jerusalema”, featuring Nomcebo Zikode, went viral online, garnering international success. The mastermind behind the infectious ‘Jerusalema’ song beat fellow African performers like Burna Boy, Rema, Sheebah, Gaz Mawete, Kabza De Smal and DJ Maphorisa to won the title of ‘Best African Act’ at the MTV European Music Awards (EMAs).
The Ndlovu Youth Choir’s incredible run on ‘America’s Got Talent’ (season 14) made them the first choir in the history of either ‘America’s Got Talent’ or ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ to reach the final. Their soul-stirring performances won hearts and minds around the world. After their final AGT performance, legendary music producer and record executive Simon Cowell labelled the performance, ‘The best final I have ever sat on in my life ’. He went on to sign the choir and together with SYCO and Sony Music they released their first album, which debuted at number one on iTunes.
During the Coronavirus crisis the choir continued to offer hope and inspiration with their enthusiastic COVID-19 musical public service messages which were shared by the WHO and the United Nations. They joined many of the world’s top A-list performers on a virtual stage when they were featured during the ‘Global Citizens One World: Together at Home’ virtual concert.
As the Ndlovu Youth Choir’s meteoric rise continues, they strive to push the creative boundaries of song and dance to reach and touch audiences of all ages across the globe. The high energy performances have not only thrilled audiences around the world. but have shared a message of hope, love and togetherness. ‘We would like to honour all the theatres, venues, technical providers & events companies that ensure every show is a magical experience. We trust that our performance at Africa Rising will encourage you and give you hope that we will rise! ’, says Ralf Schmitt, Musical Director of the Ndlovu Youth Choir.
Join us in celebrating the lead up to Freedom Day through music and dance from this historical site – Spread the word and make a difference!
We Are Music. We Are Hope. We Are Africa Rising.
Africa Rising, in partnership with Live Love, Global Citizen, Music In Africa, Nandos, Light SA red,
Robben Island, Health Passport Worldwide, Bridges For Music, African Grower, Ndlovu Care
Group, SOS & Discover Cape Town, works with various NPO’s to raise support for communities in need.
Date: 25th April 2021
Location: LIVE streamed from the historic landmark Robben Island, Cape Town
The event, featuring two of the biggest acts to emerge from the continent, is dedicated to bring awareness and raise much needed funds for the “Feed Our Crew” initiative and will be live-streamed globally, free of charge. Covid-19 has had a devastating impact on the events community and the often unseen crew that brought so many memorable events to life.
Now, THEY need YOUR help.
LEND YOUR SUPPORT, DONATE NOW: weareafricarising.live/donate/
JOIN THE AFRICA RISING AMBASSADOR TEAM – and earn your share as you lean on your own community for support! Head here for more info: https://weareafricarising.live/join-the-team/
Together, we will rise again!
Notes to editors:
- Africa Rising is a series of uniquely produced experiences brought to life by filming and broadcasting concerts set in the most beautiful, iconic locations in Africa.
- We present the best African music talent to the world set against the most extraordinary landscapes in Africa. The best of Africa, from Africa to the world.
- From an exclusive set on the World Heritage site Robben Island with its rich heritage and natural beauty to the spectacular sunsets of the Okavango Delta with free-roaming elephants in the backdrop, each show will be set in a beautiful or iconic setting.
- Each performance will feature DJ sets & live performances of Africa’s biggest artists in a 1- 2 hour live set that can be broadcast on various platforms including our official pages.
- Every event will have a strong focus on benefiting the local community and include a sustainable CSI program aimed at community upliftment wherever we go.
- Our aim is to reach the widest possible audience, both local and international and make a positive, lasting impact while doing so.
- Africa Rising is giving a limited number of winners, who have donated to cause (R30 donation = 1 entry), the chance to attend the concert on Robben Island as VIP guests in a safe, intimate setting for an unforgettable music experience. The best part is that your donation will assist in making life better for a community in crisis. The Prize (valued at over R80,000) will include flights, luxury accommodation, transfers, lunch with the artists, a Health Passport (rapid Covid-19 test) and 2 VIP tickets to the live concert on Robben Island.
Full Prize break-down below:
○ 2 VIP Tickets to watch Master KG & the Ndlovu Youth Choir LIVE on Robben Island
○ 3 Course Lunch at Grand Africa Cafe & Beach before the show – hosted by Maps Maponyane
○ 2 Return flights to Cape Town for (for residents residing outside of Cape Town – from JHB / DBN)
○ 5* Accommodation for 2 people for 2 nights (for residents residing outside of Cape Town)
○ Full Covid rapid testing through Health Passport
○ 2 Return Ferry trips to Robben Island – including refreshments
○ VIP Lounge POD on Robben Island for the duration of the show
○ Africa Rising Merchandise