COVID-19 has forced all businesses to do things a little bit differently, and that includes Smile 90.4FM.
While still providing well-contextualized factual and useful content, they have adapted in more ways than one. Here’s a list of some of their actions:
- Adjusted line up to an hour later. Smile Breakfast running from 7am to 10 am, and their signature competition, Smile Secret Sound every hour on the show.
- Launched The Smile 90.4FM Small Business Benefit Programme which is a Smile-in-Action initiative that aims to help small businesses, in Cape Town, restart and protect their staff by sponsoring airtime to promote their message on our airwaves.
- Daily segments on how parents can keep their kids engaged and stimulated.
- No Repeat Work [from home] Day Guarantee – listen all day at work [or home] and never hear the same song twice.
- Hourly updates on local and global information related to the Corona Virus.
- The implementation of a dedicated Channel on our Smile 90.4 FM App to share the latest factual COVID-19 information.
- More music than ever to keep you entertained at home.
- “Coronavirus Updates”, every hour on the hour, with breaking news as needed. Important updates were sent as push notifications on our app.
- Introduced our Six in a Row- Family Edition where listeners and clients submit their and their family’s favourite songs which we aired 3 times daily.
- Partnered up with WebAfrica to give away the ultimate Self-Isolation Kit consisting of A 55-inch Smart TV, A DSTV Explora and subscription, Internet connectivity for the home, Online food shopping vouchers to the value of R2500, Fast food delivery vouchers to the value of R2000, a gaming console and so much more.
- Created the 21-Day Challenge, asking listeners what skill or goal they would like to achieve and followed their progress daily.
- Knowing the lockdown is a time for snacking and there’s no sport – they created a knockout competition to find Cape Town Best Snack.
- Smile 90.4 FM is launching the Top 500 songs of all time and you can decide which of your favourite songs should be on that list. Tell us your favourite 3 songs on our website/app and listen out daily from Monday 11 May for the Top 500 songs of all time. Playing everyday from 9am to 5pm.
If you too are an essential business and would like to remind the broader community about the work that you are doing, or how you have adapted your business protocols during this time, please do not hesitate to contact Wired Communications and we could work on doing a shout-out for your business as well.