One Simple Solution For The New Norm
Multiple service providers are no longer practical for quality connectivity. While the global health crisis abounds, businesses must now rethink their connectivity so that is it flexible, secure, and efficient. This is essential if they want to continue, indefinitely, to be able to conduct business as usual, while unusual conditions prevail. Solutions today need to take account of several elements, including remote working, data storage and information security, all of which may be compromised when there are multiple service providers.
The cost, the complication and the complexity involved in managing multiple vendors is further compounded by the need for a remote, secure and risk-free service that delivers fast turnaround and uninterrupted connectivity for anyone working for an organization, no matter where they are located.
Shawn Bruwer of Paratus Botswana says that businesses today must think differently on many levels. “We have several enterprise customers who see the value to their business of a single service provider because they have a single point of contact, full accountability and a set of guarantees that would be impossible to achieve with multiple service providers. Paratus provides the network, the voice and cloud services, and offers consultancy services to build unique customer solutions.”
When considering an independent network, one needs to ensure they guarantee enough capacity on multiple diverse routes to accommodate a host of services from a single network – one that is secure and backed up by robust infrastructure to guarantee uptime.
How a single network provider helps business to be in control?
- Risk. Businesses believe that redundancy is achieved when you appoint different service providers to offer back up connectivity, only to realise that the same infrastructure is being shared among them. A network provider like Paratus, which owns and manages its own infrastructure and through its extensive diverse network routing will enable businesses to enjoy an “always-on” connection with guaranteed uptime.
- Security. Too many providers that have access to the same network pose a significant security risk. Having one dedicated network provider allows a business to have a single point of contact and a managed secure solution.
- Complexity and control. The frustration that comes with finding the root cause of a network issue can cost a business time and money when multiple service providers are going in circles, avoiding ownership of network faults resulting in delayed resolution.
- Optimised network management. An expert network provider that manages a business’s full network portfolio can evaluate performance of individual network elements and provide recommendations that will improve connectivity. Paratus can manage the switch between various mediums to ensure zero disruption, which is not easily achieved when using multiple providers.
- Economy. Multiple service providers each charge for their services as if theirs were the primary service, increasing network costs at a time when every cent counts. Using a single provider, such as Paratus, allows a business to keep secondary or redundant services on a standby fee, thus providing a saving to the bottom line.
Bruwer adds: “Your network is your business lifeline – it is a core service that is fundamental to business success. It matters; and it is why we provide an array of solutions including Internet, cloud hosting, voice and satellite solutions, structured cabling, and Wi-Fi, as well as expert service support. We ensure the network is efficient so that our customers are effectively supported in doing their business.”
Paratus runs Fiber and Microwave rings independently and has the network meshed, which allows for money-back-guarantees and uptimes approaching five nines.
Paratus provides guarantees to its customers that there are no single points of failure as Paratus owns the infrastructure and provides seamless integration between the various services.
“We have customers ranging from Banks and listed companies to small businesses who are all seeing the value in a single service provider”, says Bruwer. “They are reaping the benefits of depending upon a reliable single-source provider for all their needs. Having realized that their systems were outdated and inefficient, having seen the problems associated with dealing with numerous over-promising service providers and their attendant contracts, our clients are not only happily and reliably connected, but they are able to fully focus on their core business with confidence.”
About Paratus Botswana
Paratus Botswana is part of the Paratus Group, a pan-African network operator. Paratus Botswana, offers leading network connectivity, internet, voice, satellite and hosting solutions that can support any business with a full-service and full-coverage network. With this unrivalled infrastructure and network system, and a Gateway licence, Paratus Botswana offers unmatched diverse network routing that ensures businesses may benefit from an unlimited, quality, and stable connection all the time.
In delivering Africa’s quality network, Paratus Botswana thinks big and believes passionately in the potential of Africa. The company is investing in infrastructure and in delivering unlimited reliable, and affordable connectivity which, in turn, unlocks Africa’s potential.
About Paratus Group Holdings Ltd
Paratus Group is Africa’s quality network. With an eye on the future, the group is continuously investing in infrastructure and establishing itself as a key player in delivering integrated network services across Africa. Paratus Group is managed by passionate and professional operational teams in six African countries – Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zambia – and the business’s extended network provides a satellite connectivity-focused service in 22 African countries and an additional 4000 satellite connections. This connects African businesses across the continent and delivers end-to-end service excellence. The group’s footprint extends beyond Africa to international (points of presence) PoPs in Europe and the US.
Born and bred in Africa, Paratus Group is thinking big as it grows its footprint to deliver Africa’s quality network. By understanding the unique opportunities that Africa offers businesses and individuals to break boundaries and to connect without limits, Paratus Group is committed to raising the bar by providing quality connectivity in Africa.